Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Oh how I love the Oakland Airport..

Day one of my journey is going quite well minus the part where I am sitting in the airport and will have to continue to do so for a few more hours, and I have done for the last few. When I booked my ticket the long layover didnt seem like that bad of an idea, but now that Im here it stinks. I decided that spending ten dollars on internet service was entirely worth it, but why the airport doesnt just have free service is beyond me. We pay enough for tickets and they have plenty of money. During my check in I was randomly chosen to have ridiculous security checks, they kindly re-arranged my luggage for me, and then told me they couldnt get it back to how I had it and told me to put it away. I dont understand the point in going through peoples things in the name of security. All it does it make people feel more unsafe. Sitting here in the airport is actually somewhat entertaining. There is a boy who is white but thinks he is black, a couple getting it on just a few seats away, and a lady who had the most amazing sparkly moo moo frock. I am sitting behind the baggage claim, and its strange to me that people pack coolers. Now that I have spent some quality time here behind the turning baggage claim it amazes me how quickly people pick up there bags and disapear. People get really angry that Im sitting here with my bags, and act as if i should move. I think I might talk one of those nice employees who push people around in wheel chairs if I can have a ride. Id tip them nicely. I am hoping the hurricane has decided to leave the big island since I am coming in. It shall be a most interested ride. Ah well I believe that is a enough random rambling for ya'all to read for the moment. I did waste a nice chunk of time on this though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Olivia, I am so jealous....it looks beautiful and I do understand you have a risk of hurricanes, yet that is a small price to pay for paradise! I too have moved to a place where the only thing you can get at the rodeo is a can of chew and calf fries. Just a tad bit diferent. I am loving your blog and will keep reading it. It is as good as reality TV. Have fun and just a word of advise from the queen of changing men...if you want to find one to enjoy the perfect nights with (minus the baby part) you might want to try some "non-gay" bowling! Just my thoughts...love you and you take care. P.S. feel free to bring me home a cabanna boy he will love the corn fields of Kansas. Oh and a romatic night on the tailgait of a multi colored FORD with a bumber sticker that reads: I want a beer and I want to see something naked!
Love ya!